SFM will be the most challenging stage of my Journey and to survive it, I should be strong and free of all the pains that bothered me in my previous races.
I had a good training plan coming to this race (July 29), unfortunately, 2 injuries within 3 weeks didn't help. LSD of 20 miles is now out(ran 11 miles a week ago and after the ran can't turned my head or raised my right arm above my head). Will do a 16 miles week before the race, though.
My Injuries (Playing racquetball) :
1. Sprained ankle ...... recovered
2. Bruised ribs ........... recovered
3. 1" cut on my chin ... healing
4. Neck and shoulder spasms ... on recovery
5. Dislocated jaw ....... still hurt and 9 images inconclusive(next step will be a visit to an specialist).
6. Plantar Faciitis ........ Cortisone shot on my right foot (felt good) and shoe filler for better arch support.
The foot doctor wants to fit me with custom molded orthotics but decided to try shoe filler first(orthotics is expensive).
Recovery / Training Program:
1. Spa every morning after workout.
2. Treadmill with gradual increase of incline up to 12".
3. Run 3 times a week with a total distance of 20 miles
4. Next week will run 16 miles.
5. No more racquetball.
|After the cortisone shot and a day before my second accident.|