From 6 to 200 MPH

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Ojai to Ocean Marathon ..... Stage 7 of My Journey

The 2nd Annual Ojai 2 Ocean Marathon and Half Marathon takes place on Sunday, June 3, 2012. Starting in beautiful Ojai near Nordhoff High School, the marathon course begins at 700 ft. altitude and gradually descends to sea-level finishing near the historic Ventura Pier. Lot of beautiful mountain and ocean scenery. The course is a fast, USATF certified Boston Marathon Qualifier.


 Ojai is a vibrant place with so much natural beauty that it gained fame decades ago when the area was photographed to represent Shangri-La in the 1939 movie, The Lost Horizon.
 

Finish Line in Ventura City,  half mile from this Wooden Pier

Training:
So far, I only logged 47 miles since the OC Marathon(May 6).  My LSD was a back to back 10 miles.  Also, I was able to squeeze 8 miles of rolling hills ran while bonding with grandchildren at Walnut Creek.  The nasty uphill and downhill will surely help me on the June 3 race.  

Ice water foot bath after workout,  ice pack on my knees and 20 minutes spa after workout are some of the stuff I been subjecting my body to keep it loose and ready for my next Journey.


 

2 comments:

  1. Good luck on your race this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kepa! I need to do a bit better on this one to motivate me for the San Francisco Marathon.

      Delete