From 6 to 200 MPH

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Honda LA Marathon ........... Stage 5 of My Journey

March 18, 2012

After 2 weeks of recovery and contemplating if I am going to continue "My Journey," I finally  registered to participate at the Honda LA Marathon.  Blood and other lab tests do not   show any disease associated to my cramping. I am also going to start a PT session tomorrow.

I resumed slow running a week ago with a new style of shoes "Brooks PureFlow".  It's light compared to ASICS Nimbus## , a type of shoes I been wearing since I started running.  Today, I will test run it for a 13 miles slow run/jog  and hopefully Brooks PureFlow  is the answer to my problem.  

Test Run Update:
 10:00 a.m - Just finished a 10 miles test run of my new Brooks PureFlow shoes.
 No cramps, no calves and knees pain/soreness. Things are looking good.
 Distance: 10 miles
 Time: 1:44:01
 Pace: 10:23







My Journey Schedule:
Stage 1 ............. 10/09/2011 ... Long Beach International Bank Marathon
Stage 2 ............. 11/06/2011 ... Santa Clarita Marathon
Stage 3.............. 12/04/2011 ... California International Marathon
Stage 4 ............. 02/05/2012 ... Surf City USA Marathon
Stage 5 ............. 03/18/2012 ... Honda LA Marathon
Stage 6 ............. 05/06/2012 ... OC Marathon
Stage 7 ............. 07/29/2012 ... San Francisco Marathon
Stage 8 ............. 09/26/2012 ... Santa Rosa
Stage 9 ............. 10/07/2012 ... Long Beach International Bank Marathon

9 Marathons within 365 days.  In between Stages, I might do some 10K and HM events.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Arthur,

    Glad your cramps are fading! PT very useful make sure you don't have any trigger points in your calves...

    Those green shoes make it look like your legs are bright red!

    Glad you have 9 races lined up..having one reserve is prudent.

    LA next! Another point to point course, like CIM and no pesky half marathoners 8). Like CIM some ups and downs along the way. The last 2 miles is a gradual downhill to the finish which is very nice.

    It's a La Nina year so I don't think you'll have mega rain like last year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Weather in Southern California is crazy. Cold in the morning and very hot at mid day. My goal is still the same, try to run 20 miles and suck it up the last 6 miles.

      Read your blog and its very educational. Question: How do you train between races if you are doing 8 to 12 within 365 days?

      Good luck at Eugene.

      Delete
  2. I have heard a lot of good things about those shoes. Hope PT goes well. Wow, so many marathons. That is very impressive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The gel cushion is on the midsole unlike the asic nimbus which is at the heel. With my shuffle and short strides, I think it will help solve my cramping and knee problem. The shoes is only good for 200 miles though.

      Run safe, Kepa!

      Delete