July 23, 2011
Detailed Race Features
• All-American, small town certified race course
• $3500 prize money for 10K
• Chip timing
• Age division awards
• Race t-shirts (guaranteed for pre-registration only)
• Post-race awards at the finish line
• Big Stick popsicles for all finishers to help cool down!
• Beer garden located at the Community Festival
• $4.00 Kiwanis pancake breakfast
• Good ol’ fashioned summertime fun!
This is one of the three (3) popular City sponsored running events near Long Beach. The other two are Seal Beach 10K and Los Alamitos Run on the Base (runway is the course).
Cypress event attract some of the best LA and OC Counties runners because of the $3500 prize money, unusual for a local event.
This will be my 1st Cypress 10K run and last training/race stop before the San Francisco 2nd Half Marathon which will be held on July 31, 2011.
Race Day Update:
Event was well organized, lots of volunteers and good support/cheers from the community. Lots of bottled waters, Popsicles, banana and bagels at the post race area. My only negative comment is on the 10 years increment on the age group.
My Race Result:
Finish Time: ------------- 54:09
AG Place (60 - 69): ----- 13/29
Overall Place: ----------- 210/527