From 6 to 200 MPH

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Recap 2 of OC Marathon w/ Pictures

Start Line
Arrived at the OC Fairground/Shuttle pick - up station at 4:30am and the line was already about quarter mile long.  I arrived at the Start Line in Newport Beach at about 5:30am.  The corrals were already packed.  When my corral was let go, had to run slowly and carefully because of the crowd. I ran a good portion of Mile 1 on the sidewalk.


The Scenery
After leaving the start line at Fashion Island, ran down to Corona Del Mar, past Inspiration Point and up Bayside and several sweet neighborhood streets, then up through the Back Bay and finally finishing at the OC Fairgrounds.
Cheerleaders throughout the courses with cheers, water hoses and signs.




The Goal
The goal to just have fun quickly turned into a crazy expectation. Having a good night slept and good reading on my lung capacity and no pain on my knees (1st time I ran without knee support), I decided to run the half mary  under 2 hrs. I knew, I will be running way beyond my comfort zone but this is my last chance,  unfortunately my effort was not enough.  I was on target till mile 10 but really got tired on the last 3 miles.

I was approached by a medical aide after I crossed the finish line to make sure, I was OK. 
The OC Marathon Event had the misfortune of losing a runner in  2009 & 2010

Finish Line

Time: 2:02:41
                                AG Place: 2nd (my first 13.1 medal finish)

What's Next ????
Training For My 2nd Full Marathon

No comments:

Post a Comment