From 6 to 200 MPH

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Running In The Rain

The Las Vegas Rock "n" Roll marathon was supposed to be my last 2010 race but my wife urged me to run this local event for the free christmas tree,  It's been raining since thursday and I didn't decide to run till 6:00 am today (Sunday). I am glad that I ran for it's fun running in the rain. It's wet, cold, windy and some portion of the route was flooded but its fun.  I also had the opportunity to meet some of the local elite runners in my age group(65-69).  Oh boy .....  these guys got some wheels. I look like a newbie/old man compared  to these guys(they are 2 years younger).

The race was held at the big & beautiful regional park in Long Beach  located along the San Gabriel River.  This is my favorite training venue.  The event is called Winter Solstice Christmas Tree 5 Miles Run.



5K run/walk Happy Campers


 With stronger knees, I now shuffle with a little bounce.
Distance - 5 Miles
Finish Time - 42:19
Pace - 8: 27
 

Wet but happy with my little Christmas Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment